If you tense up just thinking about going to the dentist, you may benefit from sedation dentistry offered by Endres Gateway Dentistry in Montgomery OH.
Millions of Americans stress out when they have to see the dentist. It is referred to as dental anxiety. There is a more severe form, too, called dental phobia.
In both, some people would rather skip the dentist altogether rather than sit down for a checkup. The problem with that, of course, is it puts their dental health at risk.
Whatever the cause, sedation dentistry has helped millions of people get through their appointments. We offer two sedation options and three tips on reducing anxiety!
Two Types of Sedation
- Nitrous Oxide: You also know this as laughing gas. Nitrous oxide has been used in dentistry for more than a century and is highly effective.
- Oral Conscious Sedation: You take a sedative an hour or so before the appointment. You won’t sleep, but will be in a deeply relaxed state. When the appointment is over, someone will have to drive you home.
Three Suggestions for Reducing Dental Anxiety
- Meditation: This is a good way to clear your mind of negative thoughts before an appointment.
- A Good Night’s Sleep: Being well-rested can help calm frayed nerves.
- Relaxing Music: Playing relaxing music before your appointment can help put you in a relaxed mood
Don’t compromise your dental health by skipping the dentist! Sedation dentistry from Endres Gateway Dentistry in Montgomery OH may be just for you. Our services include family and cosmetic dentistry and we serve satisfied patients from Cincinnati, Blue Ash, and Kenwood. Request an appointment today!
Contact Endres Gateway Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
9380 Montgomery Rd Ste 204