Periodontal disease, also called gum disease, is inflammation or infection of the gums. For the most part, periodontal disease is preventable. This condition is so widespread in the US that it has been called a ‘health crisis’ by the ADA. Fortunately, periodontal disease can be treated at Endres Gateway Dentistry in Cincinnati.
- If left untreated, it can cause irreversible damage such as tooth loss.
- Practicing daily dental hygiene and having 6-month dental exams are the best way to prevent periodontal disease.
- Periodontal disease can occur without the presence of cavities.
- Almost half of all 30+ adults in the US have periodontal disease.
- In some cases, periodontal disease produces no noticeable symptoms.
Risk factors for periodontal disease include tobacco use, inadequate oral hygiene (especially failing to floss), genetics, teeth grinding, inflammatory conditions, and poor nutrition.
The best way to keep gum disease at bay is with daily brushing and flossing, and regular checkups at Endres Gateway Dentistry. We offer complete family dentistry services. Patients come to us from Blue Ash, Loveland, Montgomery OH, and throughout the area. Call for an appointment today!
Contact Endres Gateway Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):