Good dental health and a great smile depend on more than simply brushing regularly. In this post from Endres Gateway Dentistry in Montgomery, we present a quick refresher on important lifestyle practices that affect oral health.
You are probably familiar with most of these recommendations, but it helps to get a reminder once in a while. We encourage all of our patients to maintain a lifestyle that promotes dental health as well as overall physical health. After all, the two are inseparable.
- Eat a nutritious diet.
- Eat calcium-rich dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt to neutralize acids that attack enamel.
- Brush gently but meticulously at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Make sure you clean thoroughly between teeth with dental floss or interdental cleaners such as flossing picks.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned twice a year.
- Have a dental examination twice yearly.
- Eat sugar frequently. Sugar triggers the production of cavity-causing acids that weaken enamel.
- Snack throughout the day. This speeds up plaque production and subjects the teeth to constant bombardment with acids.
- Chew on ice.
- Use your teeth as tools. Ever!
- Drink energy drinks.
- Get oral piercings.
- Ignore tooth pain or sensitivity.
At Endres Gateway Dentistry in Montgomery we are committed to dental excellence and the dental health of each one of our patients. Our services include family and cosmetic dentistry. Patients come to our office from Cincinnati, Blue Ash, and Kenwood. Schedule your next checkup today!
Contact Endres Gateway Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):